We continue to monitor the coronavirus situation. We monitor the CDC, and the NC and Buncombe Co DHHS communications, and we encourage you to stay up to date using similarly reliable sources. Fortunately for children, the severity of symptoms and risk of complications seems to be less than other age groups. Ways to prevent infection include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.