Flu season ongoing!
We are still seeing a lot of flu activity! Check out this update from the CDC:
- Most documented cases have been Flu Type B, but in recent weeks Type A activity has increased
- Rates among children and young adults are higher at this time than in recent seasons.
- 68 influenza-associated deaths in children have been reported so far this season.
- CDC estimates 10,000 deaths so far this year from flu.
- Flu vaccine effectiveness estimates are not available yet this season, but vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications.
Please call us today to schedule a flu shot if your child has not already had one!